Monday, June 20, 2011

Dubia UAE

A quick weekend shopping trip to Dubai.  I was picked up at the Dubai International Airport (DXB) by a Ladies taxi!.  I thought this was most fascinating!  This is obviously a new development (as well as many others such as the Burj Khalifa since my last visit to Dubai many years ago).  The taxis are pink and white on the outside, and white inside.  The taxis are driven by women only dressed in pink and white, and are only allowed to pick up women and children only and not men - so clever!  I wonder if this would work anywhere else in the world???  I've just done a quick google search, and it turns out Kerry Katona launched a ladies taxi company in Manchester called "Pink Ladies" in 2005, there are also other ladies taxies in other parts of the world.

Anyway, I stayed at the City Centre hotel and did some shopping at the city centre as well as the Gold souk area.  Unfortunately, I didn't know anything touristy like visit the Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world, which I really wanted to :-(

But as Arnie (a famous hollywood actor) used to say, "I'll be back!"

No comments: