Friday, May 27, 2005

Chicago Chicago My Hometown........

......(Frank Sinatra)

My 2nd visit to Chicago (for my b'day), my first was on a training course in St Charles. Anyway.......

Chi Town/Windy City in Illinois is one of America's top cities (but slower and cleaner than NYC). It is absoltuley beautiful!( Lake Michigan and amazing Skyline!) I stayed at the Westin on Michigan Avenue downtown (highly recommended - i loved the bed! even bought the pillow! - v sad i know). There are loads of things to do in Chicago, across from the Westin is the Cheescake factory (a must visit) and the Hancock Observatory. On the top flooor of the John Hancock building is the Signature Room, a lovely resturant and bar where you get a beautiful view of Chicago - make sure you go at night! Also try the rotunda in thte Grand Lux cafe - great view!

The magnificent mile is a must! It has many amazing shops, and at the end is the Wrigley building (the shewing gum..). I went on a tour on the Chicago river, relaxing if nothing else. Other things to see/do: Chicago Botanic Garden, Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier, Millenium Park, Shedd Aquarium, Old town. A must do is to run along Lakeshore drive.

England vs USA friendly football match was on at Soldier's Field, it was an exciting match, Enlgand won of course, final score was 3-2 (last min score by USA), and the England supporters were outnumbered...:(






And how can I not mention 'HARPO Studios'!!!!!! Yes! the home of Oprah Winfrey Shows!!!! It was exciting to be there (outside) but I couldn't go in apparently the season starts in October :( which means I must venture back to Chicago if only to see Oprah....... :)

No comments: