Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chicago to St Charles to Chicago

O’Hare Airport Chicago must be one of the worst airports in the world. Its international Terminal 5 is disgraceful! Welcome to Chicago, NOT! And how many people are simply getting frustrated with the current security checks in all the airports in the world? Everyone! Security Checks AND O’Hare = Nightmare! Security Checks AND Heathrow = Torture!

Anyway, this was another work trip (I’m sure you are now beginning to wonder…) to St Charles actually rather than Chicago, there’s nothing really in St Charles except for the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall in Aurora , and we also went bowling (vintage bowling alley) in a small town called Batavia, and NO I didn’t visit the Cadillac Ranch (cheesy bar) for those of you wondering….


My time in Downtown Chicago, which I am beginning to fall in love with (I’m not sure it could ever overtake my love for NY but it’s coming close) and it’s fast becoming my home away from home; apart from walking by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the Civic Opera House, along the Chicago river, by the Millennium Park and Wrigley Building/Trump Tower, was spent shopping, yep, just shopping! I spent most of my time on the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) and State Street, up and down and up and down (wasn’t really my choice to be honest). My first time in all the department stores on the mile all in one visit! They were: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, SAKS Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdales (also their beautiful home collection on Wabash). Very sad indeed…….

No comments: