Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chamonix Mont Blanc

This was my second ski trip! my first was to the wonderful resort of Val d'Isere - highly recommmended!

Chamonix en France is a vibrant alpine town with beautiful architectural heritage, and magnificent high mountain scenery!

We flew to Geneva and travelled by road to Chamonix. It offers a multitude of slopes and extends to 3 main areas: Brevent/Flegere, Grand Montets, Le Domaine de Balme and the sister slope Les Houches (where we stayed - too far out for my liking!) Chamonix has a fairly big town with loads of shops (Chanel too!), restaurants and bars (English Pubs showing the Premiership). We skiied mainly on Le Tour slopes in the Balme area ( and a couple of red runs for me - yippee! :-) ) and there was an awesome view of Mont Blanc. We also went snowshoeing in Les Houches - very different ski sport, it's basically trekking in snow up a mountain - loads of fun! great training for my Kili trek!

I need to go skiing more often!

No comments: