Sunday, February 06, 2011

Whistler Blackcomb

Me on the slopes!
My first time in Whistler! I've heard sooo much about Whistler and I wasn't disappointed!


Whistler Blackcomb is a ski resort located north of Vancouver in British Colombia. The resort is made up of Whistler mountain and Blackcomb peak. Whistler and Blackcomb were originally separate resorts, until they merged in 1997. Whistler Blackcomb hosted the 2010 Winter olypmics.
I took the pacific coach line to the resort from Vancouver International airport but drove back, and stayed at the Crystal Lodge in Whistler village, which was nice and very basic.
I hadn't been skiing since Chamonix in 2007 so I was a tad worried I would be rusty to start off with but before I knew it I was back in the swing of things!! I think skiing is like driving, it all comes back to you once you are behind the wheel or should I say in your skiis :-)

No comments: