Thursday, July 13, 2006

New York! New York!


The journey from Toronto to New York was just an hour on the lovely Air Canada (my official last trip for life - thank God!).

New York City (NYC) or the 'Big Apple' is another amazing city, full of skyscrapers and bright lights. There is always a certain 'buzz' in the air. NYC is made up of 5 distinct boroughs - Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn ad Staten Island. I have been to NY several times (mostly Manhattan) as I know most of you have; I also know that most people think it's dirty and overpopulated BUT I still Love NY! (all thanks to SJP in sex & the city)

On my trips to NYC, I've visited Wall Street, the Twins towers (before 9/11), Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty (climbed up to the top & never again), The Empire State building, Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown, Little Italy, Tribeca, Soho, Greenwich Village, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, St Patrick's Cathedral (where Catherine Zeta & Michael Douglas got married I believe), MOMA, 5th Avenue, Cental Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art (Thomas Crown Affair), and Broadway. On this trip, I revisted some of the places I'd been to and some new places such as Union square, the Grand Central station, Herald Square (Macys), Madison Square Garden, East Village, 5th Avenue and Trump Towers - where I had some lovely ice cream in the 'Trump Ice Cream Parlour' - very chessy I know :)! Next time you're in NY, try out the 'tip tock diner' on 34th st and 8 ave, and 'Punch' at 913 Broadway, and most importantly something to die for - the egg & cheese bagel sandwich with the vanilla chai drink in Dunkin Donuts - yummy!! Now I know why most Americans are overweight........


For those of you who would like to contact me, you can reach me on +1-201-680-8745 (my own mobile finally)



p.s big thanks to Toyin, BJ, Kimmy, Rosie & Fabia

No comments: