Saturday, July 15, 2006

Toronto


Good news everyone, they found my suitcase!(thanks for all the hard work ibs) Apparently the person who picked up my suitcase, boarded the QE2! They've delivered it by Fedex to NJ, I just hope nothing's missing.

So as wonderful as Vancouver was, it was time to
move on. I had to fly on Air Canada once again (yippee!!) for 4.5hrs to Toronto. Toronto in Ontario is known as the financial district of Canada. This will be my 2nd visit to Toronto; on my 1st visit I visited the CN Tower - The world's tallest free standing structure, the Niagara falls - one of the wonders of the world, the Skydome - now called the Rogers Centre, the Ontario Art Gallery, St Lawrence Market, The Royal York hotel etc. On this trip I decided to visit the Toronto Islands (Ward Island, Centre Island, Algoquin Island, Hanlan Island),Yorkville and some other places I visited before such as Queen Street West, Bay St, Eaton Centre, Yonge Street, Church of Holy Trinity, Hockey Hall of Fame, Toronto
Habourfront, Nathan Phillips Sq (Toronto City Hall), Chinatown, the Hummingbird centre, the entertainment district, and it was great meeting up with friends also (thanks for letting me crash Alek :)). Toronto is a fun city that has alot to offer everyone, and has some amazing subways that connect the whole city!

Canada is a fascinating place, Queen Elizabeth is still the head of state (and her face is on the money) , and it's also part of the commonwealth, they spend dollars and speak with American accents (there is a difference I've been told), and they also speak french and there are french translations everywhere; so which is it - English, American or French????
Will write again soon, for those who want to contact me, you can reach me on +14163717211 or +14165962206 or +14044555770

Ciao

No comments: