Monday, July 17, 2006

Vancouver

Hi Guys, I have to be honest I couldn't wait to leave Montreal to head to Vancouver, and I have to say I wasn't dissapointed. The journey took 5 hours by air on Air Canada (horrible airline, I had to pay for food, and pay $2 for a blanket!). Anyway, Vancouver is in British Columbia (the weather is also very British), it was an amazing place. Most people that live in Vancouver come to visit (mostly from Ontario) and never go back home, I can't say I blame them. It's made up of several districts like NY. I loved Gastown, Yaletown, Granville, and west end. The beauty of Vancouver is that you can be up in the mountains or on the beach in literally 5 minutes from downtown, so Vancourites have everything on their door step, including Whistler the famous ski resort which is about 30 minutes away (and no i didn't get to go :( ). I did however, go to the Grouse mountains and walked across the Capilano Suspension Bridge (very scary - it was trully suspended - photo attached), went to stanley park (catwoman was shot there & several other movies), granville island, visited the vancouver art gallery, robsone st, burrard st and of course Canada place.
Will write soon, for those who want to contact me, you can reach me on +14163717211 or +14165962206

ciao

No comments: